Tuesday, June 12, 2012

So...I'm a blogger now.


So, everyone seems to be blogging these days, and I finally decided that my life was just as important [or just as boring] to type up for a blog.  I suppose I should start by introducing myself, although I’m sure the only people who will read this will be relatives or friends who feel obligated.  My name is Michaela [pronounced Ma-kay-lah...but I like the unique spelling…and Biblical implications].  My favorite color is pink, I guess, it used to be yellow, and now I like neon orange too.  I love anything to do with Beauty and the Beast, and therefore roses.  I love that story because she falls in love with the Beast for his heart and not his appearance.  I am a Christian and pray that my actions show that.  I love reading the Bible, and I genuinely mean that.  I used to get bored with the stories that I had heard/read many times, being a private school/church kid, but recently, the last two years or so, I got a real hunger for Word of God.  The other day I was reading the last couple chapters of Acts, and I was enthralled as I read about Paul’s imprisonment and various appeals to Caesar and Agrippa and his defense of the faith.  Sometimes, we forget how real the Bible is.  All the stories it contains are actual events and happenings.  Anyway, I have found that when you take the time to sit and read the Word of God that you are drawn in by the testimonies of real life people who lived for the glory of God, and your life gains some perspective.  It’s important to remember that we aren’t the only ones out there.  Others are suffering and have their own issues and problems.  Sometimes it’s good to take a moment and truly think about all the blessings God has given you.  Understand that the trials you go through, draw you closer to Christ and allow you to speak truth from experience into others’ lives.  Discipleship is foundational to Christianity and should not be taken lightly.  Whenever you are involved in someone’s life, you can see the places where they need guidance, but you can also see the places where your heart needs to be changed.  It’s a good system that works both ways.  Well, perhaps, I have done enough rambling for now…hope you don’t feel as if you wasted your life reading this [which unless, you are a really slow reader, this shouldn’t take more than 3 minutes].

6 comments:

  1. Michaela! You're blogging! Yay!
    Good post, by the way;) Very encouraging!
    I look forward to more post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *posts* I always do manage to mess up;)

      Delete
    2. haha, i know...i finally caved :) and thanks! oh and as of now you are my one and only follower! I do appreciate it :)

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    I am glad I found your blog. I look forward to reading more posts.
    Love,
    Maggie L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you did too Maggie! :) and thanks..do you have a blog?
    Love, Michaela :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I do! Here is the address http://toddandsus.blogspot.com. I hope you check it out.
    Love,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete